We are an electric bike start up company, located in USA, looking for an experienced mechanical engineer for design consulting for our electric road bike design. We would like to consultant to work alongside our team to finalize the design prior to sending it off for production.
The bike is comprised of a hydroformed aluminum frame, with a plastic battery pack which inserts into the downtube.
Freelancer will be required to:
- FEA & stress test design to ensure it is strong enough for different rider case + tweak design to hit strength & rigidity targets
- Assist in adding brake + electric wire channels in frame
- Assist in finalizing battery fitment (ensure proper tolerances for insertion into frame)
- Assist in designing battery latch / locking system
- Add disc brake caliper mounts, and ensure the mount location can withstand braking forces
- Determine suitable material type and thickness for all components, based on achieving lightest weight possible within safety factor
- Ensure & provide advice to improve manufacturability of total design
- Deliver final models and annotated drawings for hand-off to manufacturer.
Currently, the bike is fully designed as a Solidworks 2017 Assembly.
For the purpose of illustration without requiring NDA, the attached image is similar to our bike design.
We look forward to working with you!
36 freelancerjev ponuja v povprečju za $1231 na tem delu
Hello I'm Mohamed Saeed mechanical engineer with high experience. I have checked your job description and I'm ready to help you in your project. message me for more details
The cost for this work is approx 10k USD. Already working on e bikes design for such applications. Expertise in using Nastran and has license for the same. Please let me know if interested for some professional work .