I am looking for someone to fix two computerized games, one of which I utilized in the past in my research studies. The first game was actually used as a task to measure a person’s decision-making choices, and I wish to resume using it again. The second game is one which I hired someone to complete, but I never used; hence, it may need more work.
The purpose of the first game (found in zip folder titled Counter_Fixed_1_16) is to see whether persons will prefer to select a key associated with short delays leading to small point rewards, or instead choose another key associated with larger delays & larger point rewards. After each reward is delivered, a new trial begins (a trial consists of the length of time it takes for a subject to receive a point reward; thereafter another trial begins).
For instance, the task allows the subject to choose between two fixed interval (FI) keys; a FI means a person will only get points after a set amount of time elapses. I previously selected one key as a FI 5 seconds, and another as a FI 15 seconds. So, if the person selects to press the FI 5 seconds key, this means he can press the key during the 5 second delay as often as he wants, but only the first key press after 5 seconds elapses will be rewarded with points (I usually chose 5 points as the reward for the FI 5 seconds key). I also used to select the other key as a FI 15 seconds-15 points key.
There is a menu which is supposed to allow me to program each FI schedule/key but I have had difficulty opening it and running the entire program.
I am not familiar with computer programming or languages, but I believe this program was developed in JAVA.
A. What I need (zip folder Counter_Fixed_1_16):
1. This program is 11 years old and used to run on Windows XP; however, I currently have a PC computer that runs Windows 10. I need this program updated to run on Windows 10 or later, and ideally, an Apple computer as well.
2. This program records data on an EXCEL spreadsheet. Please check to make sure that the point totals associated with each key (short delay vs. large delays) add up correctly. I previously used keys “a” for the short delay and “k” for the long delay. I also used button switches plugged into the computer which subjects used to press in lieu of punching keys on a keyboard.
3. Please check to ensure the game keeps an accurate total on the number of times a person switches between keys (a) both within a trial and (b) after the game is over (i.e., the test session is over) in the EXCEL sheet.
4. There must be an accurate total count of how many times a person has pressed each key during each trial, and a grand total for the test session.
5. When I used this game task in the past, I selected on the menu a 6-second intertrial interval (ITI), meaning 6 seconds elapsed between the end of the previous trial and the start of the next one.
6. Finally, a 30-item survey called BIS-11 is linked to this computer game, and 4 different scores are recorded in the same EXCEL sheet. I am MOST interested in the Total score column and that it is accurate. I believe choosing the “run survey” option in the folder allows access to the survey. I would like the BIS-11 survey to be included in the menu of the Counter-Fixed task as an added option.
B. What I need (zip folder ADISC_AGRAF):
1. This folder holds two different computerized tasks. I asked someone to create them about 12 years ago, but I never used them. I would like the person I hire to review these programs to see if they work as asked and record data in an EXCEL sheet, too. These are both tasks which ask the subject to choose between a short delay/small reward vs longer delay/larger reward, but with some important differences between each other and the aforementioned Counter_16 task. Again, these tasks were devised to work on Windows XP, so they must be updated to Windows 10, and ideally made compatible with Apple computers, too. I will share more info on these tasks after hire.