Industrial Design/ asthetics of a weatherproof outlet
- Stanje: Closed
- Nagrade: $400
- Prejetih vnosov: 15
- Zmagovalec/ka: Softnikmax
We are looking for a design concept for the aesthetics design for a new double socket weatherproof power outlet.
Typical design in Australian market currently:
New design requirements:
- Minimalist, modern aesthetics. But not overly ‘futuristic’ or crazily different from what the accepted ‘norm’ in the market is. Just something much nicer and smarter than what’s out there.
- All outer parts made from poly-carbonate. Cream option and matt charcoal option
- There are 2 ways outlets may be installed – either with a ‘back box’ (https://www.voltexelectrical.com.au/p-1442-voltex-weatherproof-double-powerpoint-ip53-10a.aspx) which the cable in 25mm diameter conduit can enter, OR the cable enters the back of the ‘back box’, in this case the back box can be a lot thinner for a slimmer look. Less penetration off the wall. (https://www.voltexelectrical.com.au/p-2298-voltex-weatherproof-double-powerpoint-ip53-10a-slimline.aspx) Need design for both.
- The socket (6 plug pin holes) should be angled downwards, as seen in links above. This is to do with maintaining the weatherproof rating.
- Front section is attached to the back box by two mounting screws. Screws once installed should be covered by plastic caps. Plastic caps should be removable by a small screwdriver once installed (in the images on voltex website you’ll see the round holes near corner of the switches – the ‘caps’ are recessed down these holes. Not easy to remove. As a suggestion, the way Legrand Aqua ones are is better, flush and have a small indent for a screwdriver – see link above)
- Typically the switches are sliding, but could also be rocking or another method.
- Voltex logo should be displayed visually, but discretely
- The outlets should be easy to clean, no sharp internal corners where dirt can gather and not be easy to wipe off
“Fantastic guy and work”